The River Ilen Anglers' Club A.G.M. took place at the
West Cork Hotel last Tuesday 10th February.
A summary follows :
1. Twenty three members attended.
2. Jim Wall read out the minutes of the previous A.G.M. in 2014.
3. Due to a family bereavement unfortunately Chairman Michael Harte could not attend.
4. Secretary's report included mention of the proposed salmon farm in Roaring Water Bay. The club will keep a very close eye on developments and will be lending assistance to the objectors as soon as the Environmental Impact Study is published.
5. The Angling Quota for 2015 has been set at 490 salmon.
6. The updated river map is available from Pierce Hickey Newsagents or Sec. Steve Rourke. Club waters are clearly marked and a lot of new signs have been placed down by the river itself. Members are asked to
ensure they do not fish anything other than club water. If in any doubt contact Steve Rourke for details.
7. Treasurer's report indicated a reasonable year in spite of poor visitor numbers associated with the dry summer.A loyal core membership together with the welcome
addition of several new members from Cork City gives grounds for cautious optimism on the financial front. Any member wanting a copy of the 2014 accounts, please contact Steve Rourke.
8. Peter Nolan was elected President of the club. We're all so grateful to Peter for his unwavering commitment to the club over so many years.
contribution over the years. Our thanks go to Billy Flynn for his contribution over the years who has now who has now stepped down.
10. Subscription for full adult member for 2015 is €180, the same as 2014. Details of other fees available from Sec.
11. All those wishing to renew their membership please ring or email Steve Rourke (087 314 6077 / email@example.com)
Michael Harte and I extend a huge thanks to all who help in so many ways including:
Michael O'Donovan along with Alan Cassidy and other city members who did such great work on the river in 2014.
Derek Long for his hard work on the banks.
Peter Long for running our website and printing our cards and stickers.
Francie Kingston for his work as warden
Frank Kelly for his work on the accounts
A special thanks to Jim Wall who is the backbone of the club and is always there.
Good luck and good fishing for 2015
Steve Rourke "